*** WWW.GULL.US SYSTEM 1.0 ***
-+- AUTOMOTIVE -+-
- The Car Talk homepage -
Home page for the NPR radio show featuring "Click and Clack." Lots
of good info and links, plus a RealAudio version of the show.
Gasoline FAQ -- More than you ever wanted to know about gasoline.
- Automotive lighting information including headlamp upgrades.
- How to read those cryptic
tire sidewall markings.
Auto Insurance Madness - How to negotiate an auto insurance
claim and get what your car is really worth.
- Thoughts about driving on gravel roads.
- I put a Yakima rack on my
'94 Civic. Details and pictures.
Some tips on doing a timing belt replacement -- for a 1990
Honda Civic, but much of the information will apply to other models
in a general way.
VW - General Interest:
- The Bus Depot -
Parts for all VW vans, and most other VW models. Decent prices, and I've had good experiences dealing with these guys.
- Van-Again - Another good
parts vendor specializing in VW vans.
- LiMBO - The Late Model
Bus Organization, International.
VW - Aircooled:
- type2.com - Home of the
Type2 mailing list, this site has subscription info, as well
as links to a lot of helpful information.
- VintageBus.Com -
A site devoted to VW buses through 1967 -- in other words, the
old split-window style.
BugShop - "An information based website for anyone restoring,
maintaining, modifying, repairing, or just plain messing with
- The Air-Cooled
Volkswagen Junkyard -- Where Advice Is Always Free.
- The Performance Parts Warehouse sells
Weber carburators, conversion kits, and parts.
- West Coast
Metric has a lot of restoration parts for all aircooled
Volkswagens. They have a very nice catalog available
on request, but are sometimes a bit pricey. Be sure to check out their nifty tee shirts.
VW - Watercooled:
- vanagon.com -- Good Vanagon
and Eurovan information and links. Home of the Vanagon Email list.
Westfalia Diesel info.
- DieselGeek -- Performance
parts for VW diesels. (Yes, I just used "performance" and "diesel"
in the same breath.)
- VW Diesel Parts &
Free Tech Help -- ugly website, but good prices on VW diesel parts ad hard-to-find speciality tools.
VW Diesel glow plug system information.
- Really nifty info on
adding a tachometer to a VW diesel engine, including a kit to
adapt a gasoline engine tach.
- John Dolsen has made some
interesting modifications to his Vanagon for all-season camping.
- How to fix Vanagon
saggy butt syndrome.
- VW Cabriolet FAQ - Lots of good information about A1-chassis Cabriolets and Rabbit Convertibles.
- Topless Rabbit Forum -- Internet forum for VW Cabriolet owners.
- MissingLinkz Shift Kits for A1, A2, and A3 chassis VWs. These well-made linkage kits greatly improve shifting feel, ease adjustability, and optionally shorten the throw.
- Swedish Bricks - An email
list for Volvo owners.
- VLVworld.com (Formerly
VolvoWorld.com, before Volvo came after their domain name.) - Great source
for used parts, especially interior bits and pieces.
- Volvo Parts Direct - A good discount parts dealer.
- IPD - Another parts vendor.
They tend to be expensive, but have some specialty and performance
parts that aren't available elsewhere.
- FCP Groton - Another good, inexpensive parts vendor.
- How to install quad round lights on '86 and up Volvo 240s.
- How to disassemble
Volvo high security locks, used from 1988 and up on the
760 and 780, 1991 and up on the 900 series, and 1992 and up on
o the 850GLT. (This is probably not a complete list.) 805K PDF file.
- Return to main menu